Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Mike Wazowski Hat


I made this hat in celebration of Disney Day at my son's elementary school. I dislike buying patterns, so I "eyeballed" everything, drawing inspiration from images of Mike I got off the internet. Believe it or not, I used the sauce pan's lid as a template for the white part of Mike's eyeball. I didn't want to stuff the monster's arms so I just did a zig-zag stitch around his arms and pointy fingers. His iris and pupil are felt. I like to use felt because it's made from recycled plastic bottles. The drawback is that it tends to pill after a few months, so I decided to use fleece for the white part of the eye, his horns and his lovely lime-green body and arms. Fleece also allows the fabric to stretch around the head, whereas felt tends to be stiff. The horns are stuffed with some of the scrap fleece. This project was super easy to make, and I love the smile it put on my son's face.

1 comment:

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...