Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Earth: My First Bracelet

My sister was visiting a few weeks ago and on our way to one of the best cupcakeries I've ever been to, we came across Baubles and Beads. I was in a toy store! All the beads you could possibly imagine are in this one store. Of course, the hook is always on my mind and I wondered how I could tie beads and crochet together. Many of the beads sold at B&B are spendy and I didn't want to fork out too much for an experimental project, so I bought a simple strand of glass beads (about $3). One of the ladies at the store recommended I get a big eye needle to help thread the beads onto yarn. I got one at B&B for $1. They don't sell any yarn at B&B but I already knew I had some at home I could use. So, after some trial and error I came up with an "Earth" Bracelet. The beads were crocheted in with bamboo-wool yarn (left-over from one of my projects), and clasped with a vintage button that was sewn on with orange thread to represent a hint of the sun.

2 comments:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Loooooooooooooooooooove it

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you sell these on your etsy? Id love to have one of these also.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...