Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Truffula Trees


After making Padloper Turtle and Mushroom Dude, I wanted to further experiment with jute rope. My son and I had just finished reading Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax", and that gave me the idea of using the jute for truffula trees. Then I thought the trees would be more identifiable if I made the Lorax.
The most difficult part was his mustache. I couldn't make it as fluffy as I would have liked but I'm happy with how this trio turned out. None of these creations are stuffed with any poly fiber fill. In fact, they can be used as pencil toppers. I made a set for my cousin and she creatively poked chopsticks through them and then set them into a nice potted plant.

1 comment:

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...