Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Banana Peels

I was watching my kids play Mario Kart the other day, and I saw Mario throwing banana peels.  My imagination wandered into a world of banana peels.  They can't possibly all be yellow.  Some of them get rotten, and maybe there were big green plantain banana peels who didn't quite make it into the game.  Enter:  crocheted banana peels -- rotten, plantain and yellow....
Tsk!  Rotten banana peel is always trying to steal the show!
This photo by Overjoyed
Pattern for Banana Peel (excludes embellishments, like stem and facial features, which can be sewn or glued on)
4 ply, medium ww acrylic yarn
F/3.75mm Hook


HEAD:
CH2, 1SC in first CH, 2SC in next CH, 
*1SC in next, 2SC in next, repeat from * 3 more times, 
1SL st in next 2 st

TAIL:
CH5
working in FL only:
SL st into 4th CH
1SC in next 3 st

SL st into next stitch of head

PEEL 2:
CH5
working in both FL and spine of chain:
SL st into 4th CH
1SC in next 3 st

SL st into next stitch of head
sk

PEEL 3: repeat PEEL2, SL st, fasten off

1 comment:

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...