Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spinning Octopus

Poor oiled-up octopus.  He’s short on tentacles – a mar given to him from a polluted world.  He spends his days in hiding; his nights as a hero to fallen stars.  Where do you think shooting stars go when they fall?
This is a project borne from my recent obsession over recycling plastic bottles.  The bottle shown was for an aloe drink purchased from my second favorite hang-out:  an Asian market.  I cut a slit on the side of the bottle, then made some holes – one on the cap and one at the bottom – and inserted a steel rod in the center so it could spin as I spool or dispense the yarn.

video

3 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah LOL How adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I got to thinking, Now if you can do a monkey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That's an awesome idea Renee! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...