Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

From Vice To Nice

Whoa, I've been drinking way too much wine lately.  My habit was amounting to $75 a month down the hatch!  I needed to change this expensive vice into something nice...
I also wanted to mention that I'm the only one in my household who likes cilantro.  Under this glass dome (once a wine glass) are some cilantro seedlings... just for me.

Things displayed behind glass just seem so much more appealing.  Like gummy vitamins:


These are the materials and tools needed for the project:
Tapered saw, a candle, ice, a wooden drawer knob, a pocket knife and a strong clear-drying adhesive, like E6000, paint (not shown).

STEP 1:  Use the tapered saw to score around the stem a quarter of an inch away from the bowl of the goblet.
STEP 2:  Rotate the wineglass just above the flame of the candle to heat the scored area.  Do not place the stem directly on the flame.
STEP 3:  Ice the scored area, and repeat the heating and cooling process until the glass breaks.
STEP 4:  Use the pocket knife to bore a hole just wide enough to fit the stem.
STEP 5:  Paint the knob before gluing it to the dome.
STEP 6:  Place the adhesive in the knob and attach to the dome.  Let this cure for at least 24 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I'm really loving terrariums these days. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...