Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Birdhouse Ornaments

I found these cute birdhouses at the craft store the other day, and thought I would experiment by adding some succulents to them.

Here's how I did it...

First, I drilled a couple holes through the roof.
Then I used a sponge brush to apply patio paint.  You can also use outdoor acrylic paint.
Next came the messy part.  I took some preserved moss, and dabbed it into a whole lot of modge-podge glue.  I pressed the moss into the base of the birdhouse, and around the drilled holes.  In hind sight, I really should have used the glue gun.
I let it sit for about 30 minutes for the glue to dry.  I took some florist wire and thread it through the drilled holes.  

Then I inserted a succulent cutting into one of the holes and twisted the wire around the stem to secure the cutting.
All that's left is to hang them on the tree.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this birdhouse - will try it next year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taloutiha - thank you for stopping by. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...