Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Dandelions and Dragonflies Alight

Do you ever walk around the Dollar Store to try to get some craft inspiration? That's what I found myself doing yesterday. As I walked around, I wandered into the food section--an area, I rarely step into. I saw a jar of pickled veggies and my stomach somewhat groaned in disagreement, but my craft-thirsty hands plopped the jar into my basket.

"Well, now what?" My legs responded by taking me to the aisle of home decor, where I found a sheet of wall decals and a two-pack of fake tealights--into the basket they went.
Okay, 3 bucks, and some tax; not bad--a small hooray for not having to pay tax on the jar of pickled vedge (food isn't taxed here unless someone preps it for you at a diner).

Ugh, enough about taxes (my conscience is reminding me that taxes are due soon); let's get to crafting.

First, let me put your mind at ease: I didn't go home and scarf down a bottle of pickled vegetables! I washed the contents out and dumped them in the yard debris bin. I peeled the label off and applied a thin layer of vegetable oil on the sticky residue. This made it a lot easier to wash the residue off with dish soap.

I hope you're not judging me for throwing away food. I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better one of the tealights doesn't work, so I essentially wasted 50 cents (and some tax).

Okay, if you're still with me, I applied the decals onto the upside-down jar. Because the jar had some curves, I had to snip the decals at those bumpy areas to avoid any creases.
I inserted a roll of wax paper in the jar.

I used masking tape to stick the tealight to the bottom of the lid, but that's not necessary.
Close the jar, and display!
It sure looks lonely. Hmm... maybe I'll go get some more pickled veggies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Next to smiles, they're my favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...